Top 10 Ideas for your Company Picnic!
Looking for a fun idea, interesting game, exciting entertainment, great catering options, or even a new venue for the 2011 company picnic? There are all kinds of activities, entertainment, delicious foods and incredible event location options available for the picnic planner.
When it comes to a company picnic, we can offer fresh ideas- interesting entertainment, games, fun foods, concessions, BBQ, and any number of food services. Our professional event planners work year round producing company picnics and other employee appreciation events.
We are the best source for all your company picnic planning and management needs. Our party rental inventory is one of the largest on the west coast and includes a massive selection of items which are needed for special events of all shapes and sizes. Beyond the standard tables, chairs, staging, dance floors and other party rental items- our interactive games, extreme sports, carnival attractions, and other amusement rentals inventory is what sets us apart. We also have a full selection of professional entertainers, ranging from clowns to face painters, comedy hypnosis, jugglers, magicians, airbrush artists, caricature artists, and much, much, more.
If you are after some great ideas for company picnic events- and are looking to make this years event a big success, we have assembled this list of the top 10 ideas for your company picnic.
1. Pick a new theme. If your picnic is going to be the same event year after year, you need to spice it up. The best way to change things up is to pick a new theme- a new theme can open up all kinds of possibilities with relation to games, food, décor, activities, entertainment and more.
2. Increase the budget. Many organizations strive to keep the company picnic costs the same from year to year, and for some of our customers this means they are spending the same amount today as they were 5 years ago- or even longer. If the budget does not grow, then the result can be a stale event, with no real improvements and staggering attendance.
3. Pick a new venue. Sometimes just simply changing up the event location can offer new life into an event. Finding a cheaper event location can offer you the opportunity to increase the budget in other areas, which offers you the ability to spend the same, but get more for your buck… Some great venues can be found in our company picnic venues top 10 list.
4. Offer new food items. While the standard picnic foods of hot dogs, hamburgers, potato salad and the like are popular traditions- taking a little effort to offer a greater selection of food choices will certainly set apart your company picnic from last year.
5. Plan it in advance. Reserve your date early. If you are one of those habitual late planners – actually taking the time to plan the event in advance, make your reservations, and truly think through what you want to do to make the picnic great will make a huge impact on the results! Taking your time to think about things always produces a better outcome.
6. Offer Prizes and Give-Aways. If you do not already do this, then it is time to consider it. The prizes can range in size from a simple ipod, to Starbuck’s cards, up to a trip to Hawaii, a television, or anything you can think up. If you do offer prizes, changing up the offerings can add a new level of excitement. Also, offering several prize give away opportunities throughout the event is a great way to ensure attendance for the entire duration.
7. Keepsake Gifts and Memorabilia. When someone gets to take a little something home from an event, the event stays in their memory longer. This is a fact. Whether they take home a small arts and crafts program, a company branded towel, a t-shirt, or even one of our fun photo keepsakes- it will be well received. In addition, some keepsake offerings can be used as a fun activity for your guest to do at the event.
8. Change Up the Activities. If you get a bounce house every year- maybe it is time to try something new. Or if you are worried about upsetting people, get the bounce house and something new. Many companies have must have activities for at their events because time and experience has proven those activities are the best received- but even if this is the case- adding something new to the program is never a bad thing to do.
9. New Variety Acts and Entertainers – The same goes with live acts and entertainers. We offer a full range of clowns, balloonists, face painters, and more- all of whom can be customized for a specific theme. In addition our professional hypnotists are great for company picnics and special events. Magicians, jugglers, stilt walkers, reptile programs, and more are available through our live acts and entertainment division. Our professional comedy hypnotists are also a great addition for any special event!
10. Make sure to have music – We go to so many picnics and special events that can be beefed up and made so much better by the simple addition of music. We offer sound system rentals, with a simple ipod hookup- so your playlist can just go, we also offer full digital music systems loaded with thousands of songs, DJ’s and Emcees, and even live bands. We can obtain headlining acts and popular musicians if needed- in essence the sky is the limit.
When it comes to your company picnic, we have a huge resource of event and party rentals and event entertainment solutions available to meet your needs. Our professional planners are here to meet your needs with everything from event venues, to catering, games, tents, tables, chairs, professional entertainers, transportation planning, and much, much, more…